The Inner Child, or the Primary Archetype is the purest and truest essence of our being. As guide and mentor, our Inner Child can show us around the deep chasms of our unconscious into the deepest areas of the collective ancestral soul. When we establish a true trust relationship with our Inner Child they can direct us towards our optimum physical and mental well-being. When we are ready, our Inner Child will take us further to explore the symbols and archetypes of the collective unconscious to develop meaning and value through our instinctual faculties.
The Inner Child workshop is where you learn the tools to begin your internal adventures, we will establish the first connection with the Inner Child and begin to demonstrate techniques in developing a trusting and fun relationship. We guide you into shamanic and regressional meditations for you to find clues and begin to integrate the relationship. We offer many tools along the journey and develop our Inner Child into a powerful soul explorer.
With attention and dedication, our Inner Child can integrate past traumas, bringing us out of unwanted behaviour patterns. We can identify energetic blockages, often the cause of low-energy, illness and disease. Working towards the wholeness of our authentic self, all aspects of life can be transformed with a wholesome practice of this transformative personal developmental therapy.
Inner Child work is a personal developmental therapy tool where you can realise an inner subjective narrative, or story that will enable you to resolve, integrate, align your mind, body and spirit towards wholeness. The founders of psychoanalysis explained that this personal narrative, when retrieved from the perspective of the child, contained all we needed to understand in order to better know ourselves, our true inner nature and to cure or integrate unresolved aspects of our childhood experience.
The Inner Child is part of our internal being and provides an instrument for self-understanding, working with our primary developmental stages to bring energetic patterns into awareness. This regression technique and the important aspects of early psychological development are recognised across many disciplines; modern day psychology, psychotherapy and traditional spiritual practices, such as those in Buddhism and traditional Andean shamanism.
Often we carry wounds and trauma from birth and childhood with us into adulthood and these wounds play out in habit patterns, behaviours, beliefs and thoughts that may no longer serve us, trapping us in repeated loops and life lessons that we continually deny ourselves the ability to be free from. Inner Child work aims at discharging the energetic inertia of repeated early traumas.
Re-establishing a connection with our inner child takes time, dedication, patience and the workshop provides the tools to be able to make contact with your inner child, initiate a relationship with them and learn the self reparenting techniques to be able to nurture and build a trust relationship, cultivating a life practice in self healing. Inner child work is a powerful integration tool that is universal, compatible with all daily practices, enhancing healing potential without restriction or limitation. Participants from these workshops have mentioned additional insights from their current practices, expansive life improvements and profound healing towards wholeness.
The private, one-to-one workshop consists of around 6 hours instruction, divided into 3 separate sessions and includes a followup session around a week after completion of the workshop. The workshop gives you all the tools you need to begin exploring the world of your Inner Child and all that they have to show you. We ask that you share as much as you can of your personal journey with your practitioner in order for them to guide you best during these sessions.
All workshops are carefully tailored to the individual, however, documentation and explanation of the following is included in the Inner Child Workshop:
- Background and orientation of Inner Child theory
- What is the inner child?
- How the wounded inner child manifests in your adult life
- Why it is so important to integrate the inner child with the adult self
- Ways to heal and integrate the inner child (tools, interventions and guided processes)
- What is inner child work?
- The subtle energetic body and its relationship to:-
- Conditioned behaviour
- Primary developmental stages of human development
- Investigation of interactions at each developmental stage
- Needs of the child and compromised needs of the participant
- Birth meditation to converse and access attitudes of life terms
- Tools to work with the Inner Child
- How to create new tools and re-engineer current ones
- How to manage meditation spaces for regression and imagination work
- How to incorporate Inner Child work within your everyday life and personal routine
- Introduction of the re-parenting technique
- Understanding of archetypes and the forms of the deep unconscious
- How to proceed confidently on your own through personal guidance from your practitioner
- Appendixes on:-
- States of Inner Child
- Self re-parenting considerations
- Reigniting our Passion
- Potential blocks to learning about yourself
- Identifying triggers